Friday, May 25, 2007

Weekend Update

Very busy with festival work so not a lot of ranch work getting done. I did get a few burn piles burned and moved several loads of material on our road going up the mountain. It had dried out from previous rains and although it has been cool and cloudy many days we didn't get any real rain until Thursday. Last night and today it poured. We've had 3.7 inches total. Very soft getting up my road from the new material I put out, BUT the real mess is the county road. They just finished scraping off all the road material in preparation for the new road material they have been digging out of the mountain. This heavy rain has just made the road a muddy bog. Hopefully they will get this cleaned up and start the new road base soon.

It is almost June and we have only had one day that the temperature has reached 90ยบ and just barely then. Very cool and wet spring.

I have also seen a large number of rabbits this year, Maybe we culled too many fox and bobcat last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a big cat back this fall. I've also seen a lot of snakes out and about. I think that is because of the wetter than normal weather though.

No comments: