Tuesday, May 01, 2007

1st Painted Bunting

Just saw my first Painted Bunting of the year. This is my favorite bird and many think one of the most unique in Texas. It was on the back feeder. Very colorful. I believe this is the earliest I have seen one. I thought I may have seen a Golden Cheeked Warbler the other day, but won't say so for sure. It could have been. I have some special seed for the Painted Buntings so I guess I'll put some out.

It was cloudy all of yesterday and today we did get a very good rain. Looks like 2" of rain over the past 24 hours or so. Great for the grass seed and new garden. Has to help the yard and trees as well. The drought over the past two years has been hard on a lot of the plants and trees.

I had three 30' sections of culvert delivered yesterday. Looks like they may ready to add gravel to the county road soon. I'll be ready for them when they do.

No comments: