Saturday, July 21, 2007

Weekend Update

I took a trip to Fredricksburg last weekend so didn't update. Fredricksburg is a great place to visit. Also had to stop at Coopers BBQ in Llano of course. We did have rain (.6) while I was gone. I did get my first tomatoes last week. They are very good. The cherry tomatoes I planted last year have come up volunteer as well.

This past week was dry. You can see the stock tank losing water. I also had to turn on the water tank for the animals. It's really amazing that we are in mid-July and we still have grass and it is so green. The weather has been pleasant as well. I have been pushing up cedars near the stock tank with the tractor for a few weeks. Since it was supposed to rain on Friday I decided to burn the piles. I got seven burn piles burned over the day. I did have some barbed wire that was partially buried reach up and cut a line on the tractor. That will be a project for this next week. Only had a trace of rain as it turned out.

Photo-grass covering goat pasture (note one of the burn piles)

No comments: