Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday Hummingbirds

The hummingbirds are very active and today I saw a new first for the feeders here on the ranch, four hummingbirds feeding at once. When I first walked by the feeder there were 3 with a 4th buzzing. A few minutes later there were four on the feeder with a 5th buzzing. This is the only multi-station feeder I have up and is located off the screened porch. The feeders I have in the back are single feeders. I may upgrade those as it's interesting watching the little hummingbirds jockey for position.

There were a lot more bluebonnets on the road today when I went to town. They look pretty good, perhaps even average which is more than I expected with the drought. It should be a pretty May.

Yes, today is Wednesday or 'Go to Town' day out on the ranch. The Feed Store, Bank, BBQ (rib day), Post Office, Grocery, and Sonic are the usual stops each Wednesday with others (i.e. Dry Cleaners, Gas Station, etc.) as needed.

No comments: