Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rock Pigeon

It's still overcast and we had a bit of rain, but most of it is north of us today. I went to town, as usual on a Wednesday, and noticed all the tanks are now full. It's also very green and wildflowers are really trying to come along. When the sun comes again, I bet we see a lot of new wildflowers.

I'm adding a Rock Pigeon to the bird list. There has been a very big one hanging around for a few days. They are much larger than I thought or at least this one is much larger. Obviously this is a feral Rock Pigeon. I've only seen the one so far.

Addendum-Well the Rock Pigeon has been roosting on the Gator under the shelter of the gator port. Easy to observe and we notice that it has two bands on it's legs. A blue band on the left leg and a yellow band on the right. Interesting. May not be as feral as I originally thought.

No comments: