Thursday, February 07, 2008

Roadrunner

Recall this time last year when we had too many foxes. I haven't seen any fox this year. Yesterday I did see a Roadrunner in front of the house where the previous Roadrunner used to hang out for several years before the fox problem. This one isn't as big so I assume it's a young hen looking for home territory. It's welcome. It took a while to get used to the old Roadrunner pecking on the front window of the house. It would really give us a start as it's a very loud noise. It's like someone beating on the glass with a coin. We did get used to it and it would run away as soon as it got our attention. Always the same window too. It may have just been saying hello. Very interesting and I did miss him last year, glad to see one is back, but she doesn't have to knock to say hello.

1 comment:

Snoozeman said...

Of course it happens. On the very day I post this what do I see a few hours later? A fox. About 4:00 pm in the back of the house. Just roaming around. Took the trail towards the Preachers place.

It was actually good looking. Big tail. Not too worried about there being too many since it's the only one I've seen so far this year.