Monday, February 25, 2008

Journal Update

Same winter type weather. Some days nicer than others. We did get .50" of rain. We are really dry and the tank is completely dry. I should scrape the bottom while I can. Still a burn ban and it has also been windy most days. No grass yet, but you see some green beneath the thatch.

The goats are doing well, the little ones are getting big. The male is starting to get larger than the girls. There are lots of birds on the feeders and a lot more squirrels as well. Looks like the wildlife are coming back. I did hear strange noises toward the mountain pasture so walked up there very late. I didn't see anything odd although I did spot several blue eyes reflected in my spotlight. It turned out to be deer. The stars were absolutely beautiful in the cool crisp air.

No comments: