Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Milky Way

Even after working at the Horn shelter site much of the day, there is always work to do at the ranch. Still pushing dirt with the tractor and they delivered several more loads of dirt while we were gone. I took several gator load trips of cedar stumps/limbs/branches from the dirt I was spreading this evening to add to the always growing burn pile I keep at the gravel pit. I decided to light it as it was getting big and the wind was calm. It burned fine; however, later we smelled smoke so we made a late trip down to check the fire. We turned off the lights to the gator in order to see any flames. Well in addition to the fire we could see the milky way in the beautiful night sky. I have noticed that even in the time we have been out here in the country it is getting more difficult to see the milky way at night. At least it was great tonight.

No comments: