Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lots of Deer last night

I was up very late last night and looked out in the back towards the deer feeder about 3:00 a.m. when I went to bed. I saw five large deer, two raccoons, and a cottontail in back yard area. This was just after I went out in the front with Kenzie to let her do her business. There may have been more that had been spooked. That ties a record for most deer I have seen together around the house. I'm not sure if this is because of the fox now being gone or not, but it seems like it could be. It was an interesting site.

Earlier I saw a buck and two does about dusk, but they were not together. The buck is I believe one who was a yearling last year. He is getting a fair rack on him and he looks very good. He is usually alone and doesn't seem to spook as easily as the older does who were around before the house was built. He has grown up with us already here so he tolerates us and Kenzie.

No comments: