Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Great Weather--end of Winter?

Hopefully the cold is behind us as it has been very nice of late. Breezy, but much warmer with high temps in 75-80º past three days. It was so windy on Monday we had to check the fire pits from previous burnings just to make sure they were out.

It's getting close to Texas Scottish Festival time so I've been very busy with that and not doing a lot on the ranch. I did do some more trimming of broken cedars and push more brush into piles. Unable to burn though.

I've seen no more foxes since Sunday. Last night a small deer walked right up to the window in my office. Startled Kenzie when she noticed her. I was on computer and never saw her until the barking began. Deer just walked away. Monday I was late feeding the animals and walked out back just before sundown and a young buck was standing there looking at me. We both just stood there for a while and he may have let me go on if it hadn't noticed Kenzie. It 'sprang' away only as a buck can do. Very impressive.

I halfway kidding tell people that Terry only lets me go to town once a week. You know that's pretty much it. Today was the run to: bank, hardware store, station for tractor fuel, post office, BBQ, and grocery.

No comments: