Thursday, September 27, 2007

Update

We've been traveling and not spending as much time at the Ranch this month.

I did get the stump grinder tuned and serviced. That meant grinding stumps of course. We are extended the grassy area in the back further away from the house. This means cutting cedar trees, grinding stumps, etc.. Because of the good rains this year, the grass is doing well, so it is a great time to do it if we are going to do it.

I mentioned the fewer rabbits and squirrels in a previous blog and now I am not seeing as many raccoons. This is very unusual as they usually raid the feeders every night, but have been absent for a week. Either a neighbor has hunted and/or trapped a lot of them or I'm afraid we do have a BIG cat here again. That would not be good.

The new three amigas (donkeys) are doing great. They really put on a show running and chasing each other and just 'showing off' when we got back from a trip. They love the pasture. The goats are huge, thought they would be having kids soon, but not yet. I haven't seen any hummingbirds the past week so I guess they may be gone for the year.

No comments: